Foundational – We are committed to honoring Christ at Citadel and maintaining the foundation of biblical authority in every aspect of our teaching and practice. It is the first value we hold to and guides everything else we do: our pedagogy, our discipline process, our policy-making, our marketing, etc.
Chapel – In addition to a dedicated Bible class for each grade, our students attend chapel each week. Local pastors and Bible teachers are invited as guest speakers on a regular basis. Students also have opportunities to do chapel presentations with their class at various times throughout the year.
Scripture memorization – Citadel has a schoolwide Scripture memorization program that trains students to hide God’s Word in their hearts. Passages are chosen each year to undergird the chapel theme, and/or bolster students’ understanding of biblical events such as the birth of Christ, or His death and resurrection. Students will also memorize verses assigned by teachers to provide greater insight into the academic truth being taught in a given class.
CCS Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).